“I read my eyes out and can't read half enough...the more one reads the more one sees we have to read.” John Adams

Friday, May 4, 2012

May Musings

I'm really hyper right now because I aced an exam and passed my scale jury today.

I ALSO HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT SUGAR. Forrealsies. No auto correct, not "forensically." Get out.

So this is going to be another random post of stuff that has no meaning as a whole. First, I dare you to  "listen" to this "song" that I had to study about for my music history class.

My initial reaction...
Joey Richter

And then I was angry. It supposedly represents the ending of classical music, but that poor violin. It is an interesting concept, but I would not pay for a ticket to see a concert like that. Would you?

I might pay to see the one where the performer brings a bale of hay and water onto stage to feed the piano. The composition ends when the piano decides to eat, or to not to...
.................

This week, I read the book Stardust by Neil Gaiman. 
Well, you know what they say,” whispered Quintus, in the wistful tones of the dead, which sounded, on that day, like the lapping of distant waves upon the shingle, “a man who is tired of looking over his shoulder for Septimus is tired of life.

For like, the first time in my life, I like the movie better than the book...for one, the book was too short. Two, the book could have been written without the brothers, and the story would not have been much affected. They basically just all kill each other and then aren't mentioned again.
I really liked Septimus in the movie and in the book, but in the book he just dies, and then he turns into a ghost and the brothers are like, "well there's no reason for us to stay" and then they just aren't in the story anymore. I dunno. It's just kind of pointless. 
HOWEVER, I do recommend the book, I liked reading it and it only took me a few hours. I also recommend the movie. It's super awesome and Mark Strong makes a fantastic Septimus. He's on the right and you can't see his face. But trust me, he's super cool.
"Do what I say, and we may stand a chance"
"Wait, how do I know you can be trusted?"
"You don't. Why, Do you have a choice?"
"No."
"Well then, let's go"

not to mention he has a super cool theme song
it really is very cool. listeeeeen.

TRANSITION

I remembered something else that bothered me about the last Harry Potter movie.
THAT AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN HARRY WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX HIS OWN WAND WITH THE ELDER WAND BUT HE DESTROYED THE ELDER WAND INSTEAD SO NOW HE'S TOTALLY SCREWED.
I could really use some candy


That's all I've got for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment