“I read my eyes out and can't read half enough...the more one reads the more one sees we have to read.” John Adams

Friday, May 18, 2012

Taboo

I'm not familiar with the plot of this musical at all, despite my diligent research. All I know, is it's about Boy George, with music and lyrics by Boy George, actually has a character of Boy George, and Boy George is in it, but not as Boy George. That's really all I know about it. I'm making a post about it anyways.

Why I like Taboo even though I have no clue what it's about.

1. Euan Morton


2. Raul Esparza

Both of these men are FANTASTIC singers. They also both happen to have the most beautiful songs in Taboo.

"Pretty Lies" sung by Euan Morton

If you see all the hurt in my eyes
Will you laugh? Will you run? Will you carry me?

"Petrified" sung by Raul Esparza
Hate the way you look at me
Like you can tell so much about my life

There is also a harsh side of the music as well...

"I See Through You"
I see through youAnd all the tears I criedI see through youNo, you're not God on highSo goodbye
Cool confrontation scene, I just wish I knew what it was about. I really cannot find a good synopsis of this musical. It's just like "Boy George before and after he's famous and the night club Taboo." Not specific at all. lame.

Other songs I really like from Taboo: Stranger In This World, Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, and Out Of Fashion.

Euan Morton as Boy George with Boy George


see you dudes later

No comments:

Post a Comment