“I read my eyes out and can't read half enough...the more one reads the more one sees we have to read.” John Adams

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Billy Elliot

I've been on a serious Billy Elliot kick for a few days, so now I'm putting it to good use.
I saw this musical sometime last year with some of my family. My reaction during every single scene.
(YAY ZACHARY QUINTO)

Seriously, that really was my reaction. Billy Elliot was so fantastic. All the kids in it were unbelievably amazing. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. The dancing was so intense, that they switched Billy Elliots after intermission. I was so impressed by the dancing, that the music seemed second to it. Party because I didn't understand a lot of the references, and I also had a hard time at first with the accents. I've recently been listening to the recording, and I'm starting to really appreciate all of it. 'Tis exciting. But enough talking. Here is the most beautiful temper tantrum you will ever see ever.
Angry Dance

As that was at the Tony Awards, they didn't have the full set. So let me tell you what actually happens. When Billy is told that he isn't allowed to dance, he climbs some stairs to his room, which is like a scaffold basically, and he tears apart his bed and there is intense music and he's tap dancing and screaming and he throws everything in his room across the stage from like 20 feet up. Oh also, the entire set is spinning around at the same time all of this is happening. And the the rest of it happens like in video. SO CRAZY COOL. And then when it came to this part,


the focus of the show really slid into place. It focuses on Billy, but also serious issues. 
Lets have a lighter scene now. I already posted this, but these kids are just so amazing, I have to post it again. It makes me giggle.

Won't we get into trouble?!
Will we? Bollocks! Me dad does it all the time!

DID YOU WATCH THEM DANCE?!?! I just can't get over the talent needed for this show. I just want to hug them, and then probably cry everywhere.
Speaking of crying, I absolutely hate crying in front of people, and I do my very best not to do it. But with this show....I just couldn't NOT...especially when Billy Elliot sings with his mother...who is dead...

"Bye Mum,"
"Bye Billy."
"See you soon."
"No, I don't think so. Do you?"
"No, not really."


makes me so sad. so so so sad. sadness and sad.

D'AAAAWWWWEEE. Now I feel better.

I'm going to leave you with this.
We walk proudly and we walk strong
altogether we will go as one
the ground is empty and cold as hell
but we all go together when we go

Well done Sir Elton John, I salute you.
Also at the very end, the whole cast came out in tutus. It was beautiful.

Goodbye my friends. Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment